St. Mark’s is offering a series of adult faith formation sessions. The sessions will be offered in small group settings and the meeting times will be determined by each small group. Each group will use Draw Closer to Christ, a resource which will allow you to deepen your own faith and share it with others.
Participants will be provided booklets and study guides from the Growing Faith Project which presents the entire Catechism of the Catholic Church in plain English.
This course asks and responds to the following questions about human nature, Jesus Christ, and the Catholic faith to which we hold:
- What is God like?
- For what do we humans hunger?
- Who is Christ and how do we come to know him?
- Why is the Church so vital to our daily faith?
- How do we connect with Christ in prayer?
- How does God speak to us in prayer?
- What does Christ’s death and resurrection mean, and how do we ourselves enter into the death and resurrection of the Lord?
The sessions will run throughout Lent (which starts on February 22 and ends in Holy Week – the week of April 2). If we have enough participants, we will provide a group during the day and another in the evening.
Information meeting: February 6 at 7:00 in the Marrevee Room behind the folding doors in the church. Come find out more. This is also a good opportunity for those who might want to reconnect with the Church. Feel free to invite friends and family members.
For more information, contact Julie Cool at (819) 684-6926 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org .