Administrative Assistant: Tracey Shea
CO-RESPONSIBILITY IN A PARISH
PARISH PASTORAL COUNCIL
|A consultative body to and in co-responsibility with the Pastor, whose objective is to … more||The cleric entrusted with the administration of the parish in accordance with the canon law of the Roman Catholic Church (and the lay persons specifically mandated by the Bishop to share the pastoral workload).||An ecclesiastical corporation whose object is to acquire, possess, hold, and … more|
To accomplish its role, it is incumbent upon the Pastor (or Mandated Pastoral Team) to:
- Guide the parish with appropriate ministries and services so that it can carry out the Church’s mission
- Animate the parish by: discerning the gifts and talents of parishioners;facilitating dialogue; encouraging participation; promoting the co-responsibility in parish; validating the volunteers;
- Ensure that the pastoral responsibilities are shared in a spirit of cooperation and that decisions are taken in a collegial manner as it is with the Parish Pastoral Council (PPC);
- Be a member of the Parish Pastoral Council and the Fabrique;
- Work in communion with the Archbishop of Gatineau-Hull.
THE ROMAN CATHOLIC ARCHDIOCESE OF GATINEAU-HULL
“A diocese is a portion of the people of God which is entrusted to a bishop for him to shepherd with the cooperation of the presbyterium, so that, adhering to its pastor and gathered by him in the Holy Spirit through the gospel and the Eucharist, it constitutes a particular church in which the one, holy, catholic, and apostolic Church of Christ is truly present and operative.” (Can. 369)
Roman Catholic Bishop Act, R.S.Q., c.E-1
Act respecting Fabriques, R.S.Q., c.F.-1.